ExploreAI is a global, cutting-edge consultancy, AI solutions developer, and Academy. We are proud of our domain expertise in the utilities, insurance, banking, and telecommunications industries. Our Academy teaches data science, data engineering, and related skills to equip people for careers of the future and to change the world.
We have offices in London, Cape Town, Johannesburg, Durban, and Mauritius. We consult to clients in the UK, the US, the Nordics, and South Africa. We believe that people with the right attitude and aptitude can change the world, and that’s what we’re set on doing.
About the role
Our Placement team is looking for a strong leader to continue to drive our graduates’ employment success. In this role, you’ll work closely with students, helping them to identify employment opportunities that align with their professional goals. You’ll also liaise with ExploreAI and other organisations to understand their talent needs. Your work in the team will benefit thousands of students across the African continent.
- Engage with employer partners and recruiters, collect data regarding their talent needs
- Develop, grow, and maintain our network of employers and recruiters using various strategies
- Initiate and maintain ongoing communication with the above network, promoting the value of hiring students/alumni educated through the Academy
- Manage and maintain our graduate database using our ATS (Zoho recruit)
- Report on key student outcome metrics to various stakeholders
- Work with our graduates, offering career services support
- Identify and fill gaps in our career services offering
- Ensure the Academy pipeline meets the people needs of the enterprise business as much as possible, driving adjustments when necessary
- Lead strategic planning and direction of the placement team
- Provide strong mentorship for the placement team and other Explorers
What we are looking for:
- Someone with recruitment experience, ideally within the tech space
- Experience in client management
- Ability to build lasting relationships with both individuals and organisations
- Excellent organisational skills, with the ability to prioritise and manage multiple projects and deliverables
- Flexibility, versatility, and open-mindedness in a changing work environment
- A passion for empowering youth across the African continent through the work we do
- ATS experience
- Understanding of the world of tech/ data recruiting
- Sales experience