ExploreAI is a global, cutting-edge consultancy, AI solutions developer, and Academy. We are proud of our domain expertise in the utilities, insurance, banking, and telecommunications industries. Our Academy teaches data science, data engineering, and related skills to equip people for careers of the future and to change the world.
We have offices in London, Cape Town, Johannesburg, Durban, and Mauritius. We consult to clients in the UK, the US, the Nordics, and South Africa. We believe that people with the right attitude and aptitude can change the world, and that’s what we’re set on doing.
About the role
We are looking for full-time, highly-qualified technical individuals with a passion for teaching, learning and data science or data engineering. This role will facilitate courses, provide mentorship and guidance to students on data science or data engineering projects, and grow into senior leadership positions at ExploreAI.
ExploreAI is a global, cutting-edge Consultancy, AI-Solutions Developer, and Academy. Our Academy teaches Data Science, Data Engineering, Machine Learning, and related skills to equip people for careers of the future and to change the world. We work with our practising analysts, scientists and engineers, and get frequent input from alumni and clients to ensure we keep our curriculum up to date with the principles, practices, frameworks and tools most desired and used in the industry.
The data science or data engineering lecturer/facilitator will administer and coordinate courses and provide teaching and learning support to students completing the programmes at ExploreAI Academy.
A successful data science or data engineering lecturer/facilitator will provide academic support to students to aid in their successful completion of their programs and provide administrative support in terms of student accreditation. They will also be expected to contribute to and deliver academic content in the form of tutorials, videos, live webinars, and content reviews.
- Administer, coordinate and implement delivery of various courses.
- Provide academic and technical support to students through the use of email, forums, and interactive webinars.
- Administer and moderate a forum for a selected cohort of online students.
- Provide face-to-face support to students where additional support is required.
- Deliver lectures and interactive webinars on a regular basis.
- Facilitate semi-regular face-to-face group sessions or bootcamps.
- Make contributions to webinar, lecture, and group session material.
- Provide input on Academy and student technical projects.
- At least an MSc. in a data science or data engineering related field (PhD. preferred, but not strictly necessary).
- Any experience with Azure, AWS, Python, SQL, BI software, machine learning, or deep learning.
- Any experience in an academic support role or industry is advantageous.
- Strong technical skills and mathematically minded.
- Strong communication and writing skills.
- Must be a motivated problem solver who takes initiative.