ExploreAI is a global, cutting-edge Consultancy, AI-Solutions Developer, and Academy. Our Academy teaches Data Science, Data Engineering, Machine Learning, and related skills to equip people for careers of the future and to change the world.
Our Academy is on a mission to raise the overall quality of our content and learning experience. We work with our practising analysts, scientists and engineers, and get frequent input from alumni and clients to ensure we keep our curriculum up to date with the principles, practices, frameworks and tools most desired and used in the industry.
About the role
We are redesigning our Data Science curriculum to improve the overall learning experience and student outcomes. Your work in the team will benefit 1000s of students across the African continent to serve clients globally.
You will work with the Data Science curriculum lead and practising scientists to build out the revised training and assessment plan, informing what is taught in our programme, how and why. As a designer, creator and writer on this project, you would own specific lessons, learning activities, capstone projects or assessments, and work with your technical and creative team to build out the content required for each activity.
The team works in fast-paced, high-output sprints, and you are most likely to contribute as expected if you are a technically strong, creative storyteller - who thrives given full autonomy - with an ability to deliver high-quality output against agreed deadlines.
- Research and develop learning objectives for Data Science curriculums, and their related modules, lessons, and content;
- Design and create both formative and summative learning material and assessment in collaboration with more junior curriculum developers for Data Science curriculums;
- Collaborate with the Head of Curriculum to develop and implement curriculum benchmarks and ensure that the curriculums align with accreditation standards;
- Participate in working groups to develop and revise curriculums; and
- Provide technical sign-off on learning material developed by other curriculum developers.
- Proven ability to work proficiently in Python, SQL, and build BI Dashboards;
- Ability to write effective copy, instructional text, audio and video scripts;
- Experience in curriculum design, development, and/or instructional design;
- A degree in a relevant engineering or scientific field;
- Experience with Git and GitHub;
- AWS or Azure certified;
- Portfolio of projects that illustrate a mix of collecting, transforming, managing data, and deploying machine learning models into production;
- Experience in Big Data Tools (Hadoop / Spark / Hive / Kafka … ); and
- Evidence of interest in continual learning (e.g. online course completion, presented talks and contributions to open-source projects);